Founded in 2003, the Instituto Fazer Acontecer is a Civil Society Organization of Public Interest (OSCIP) promoting sports activities and training in human rights to young people living in areas with low HDI.
Our work perspective is to educate through play and fun, offering opportunity for social inclusion and development of personal skills to the young participants of the program. With this work philosophy, we have already served more than 6,000 boys and girls over the past 10 years.
We have strategic partnerships and institutional support from the Government, which allows the organization to offer sports oriented educational activities, contributing to low-income adolescents to become agents of their own role in society. We use the playful and educational side of sport to spread values such as solidarity, respect, honesty and cooperation, thus promoting equal participation of boys and girls.
Through our Program Sport is Fun, we can train, meet and disseminate knowledge for teachers, socioeducadores and youth throughout Brazil and abroad.
We entered the semiarid
The 2007/2008 edition of the UNICEF Seal – Approved Municipality marked the Institute’s entry into the semiarid region. At the time, the sport has taken a strategic position and the IFA was invited to coordinate the training of 4 groups of municipalities. The modules, which were given in the cities of Juazeiro, Ibotirama, Vitória da Conquista and Feira de Santana, covered topics such as education sport and people’s rights to engage in sports activities.
The rise of the Sport3 Network
In 2012 the IFA created the Sport3 Network, action aimed to strengthen the movement for educational sport, directly promoting the development and improvement of public policies of sports in the state of Bahia. This enabled the implementation of our methodology and expertise in public schools and government social programs, reaching about 3500 young people from 6 municipalities in Bahia.
Objectives of the organization:
- Influence public policy sport
- Spread Esport3 methodology
- Train teachers and social educators in the development of educational sport
- Enable the contact of young people with cross-cutting themes for the development of human rights
- Promote growth and the sports practice teaching within a pedagogical proposal among the young
- Promote cultural practices
- Develop critical thinking among the working class youth
- Form multipliers to transmit the knowledge of human rights and other social values practices for their community
- Insert working class youth in activities of interest through internships and scholarships granted by partners